To follow Shoichet lab news, follow us on
U.S. National Academy of Engineering • Molly Shoichet is elected to the National Academy of Engineering (NAE) as a Foreign Members, for contributions to neural tissue engineering and design of polymers for cell and drug delivery. MORE
Chatelaine Magazine • In the Dec 2015 issue of Chatelaine, Molly Shoichet is included in their list of Women of the Year.
Sirius XM's What She Said • Molly Shoichet is interviewed by science/tech journalist Kris Abel where she talks about regenerative medicine and shares her love and passion of science, and how this has led to many of her many achievements.
• DiscovHer: How 1 researcher + 1 film-maker are making research a reality for 1,000s. MORE
• On Monday May 11, 2015, Molly Shoichet was interviewed by Matt Galloway of CBC Metro Morning. MORE
October 21, 2015, Irving O Shoichet Lecturer Professor Dame Carol Robinson, Oxford University, delivers great research seminar as Irving O Shoichet lecturer at UofT, Chemical Engineering. Carol was L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Laureate for Europe when Molly was the L'Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Laureate for North America in 2015.
Big Funding News Behind the scenes of Medicine by Design with Molly Shoichet and Peter Zandstra.
L'Oréal-UNESCO Canadian Research, Molly Shoichet, wins L'Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science Award.
Molly Shoichet's portrait video
Feature of the Month
• Congratulations to Malgosia Pakulska on successfully defending her PhD and securing a great job with Medicine by Design. MORE
• Congratulations to Irja Donaghue Elliott on successfully defending her PhD, as well as Leah Kesselman on her MASc.
• Congratulations to Samantha Payne on winning one of the three prizes awarded by the Ontario Institute for Regenerative Medicine's (OIRM), for their Pitchfest competition. A video will be put together after the New Year and available in Spring...stay tuned!